Friday 14 – Sunday 23 May 2021
The Spring Water Festival will celebrate our water, our beach and our network of Refill stations, located along some of the 19km of Eastbourne’s seafront and coastline. By providing free mains ‘spring water’ we can raise awareness for everyone to refill reusable water bottles and reduce the amount of single use plastic, to help protect our environment.
A wide range of exciting events is on offer, celebrating all aspects of water, along Eastbourne seafront and beyond. The main focus will be on walking to visit the Refill Stations along the Spring Water Way route, from the Beachy Head Story centre to Sovereign Harbour.
The Festival is being planned carefully: the safety and welfare of all participants and organisers is our utmost priority.The Festival has achieved COVID Ready status and all events will be run following government guidelines, with social distancing measures in place. The 2021 festival is being organised as a ‘prelude’ for a wider roll out of the festival in 2022.
- Self-guided walks along the seafront, linking up the sites of each Refill station
- Beach cleans and events to raise awareness of issues resulting from litter and ocean plastic – including the creation of a drone film.
- A special ‘pilgrimage’ walk will take place
- There will be arts projects including permanent and specially commissioned sculptures along the seafront, exhibitions and a ‘studio on the beach’ event where visitors can come and talk art, ideas and the philosophy behind the Spring Water Festival.
- Health and wellbeing will also be central to the festival, and there are SUP boarding sessions and swimming lessons planned.
Oliver Sterno, Founder and Community Leader of Plastic Free Eastbourne, is a very lively interviewee. He would be delighted to talk to you about both the overall campaign as well as this Festival: email@example.com or Tel 07971 909454. Alternatively, please do not hesitate to contact me for further information on 07525357393.